Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Living Room

Before I deck the living room out in our Christmas decorations (it has already somewhat begun), I thought I should give you a quick tour! When we moved in we really didn't do anything to the living room other than add our own furniture and art. I already liked the colour on the wall and we just left the curtains up that the owners left. Here is a picture of the space when we first moved in June...


And here is the room a few weeks ago at the beginning of November....




On the wall opposite these pictures we have a big shelf that used to be in our dining room at the cottage. 




And that is our living room. I love the space! It is very cozy at night and there is a ton of natural light during the day. It is totally different than our living room at the cottage, but I'm very happy with it. Now, I can't wait to finish decorating the room for Christmas!  I am so excited that tomorrow is December 1st! This is the last month with just Patrick and I. January is when we will meet our little babe (unless he or she decides to come early). 

Have you got all your Christmas decorating done? Do you have a tree up yet? We are planning to cut ours down on the weekend!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully cozy room! I like it as is, but I bet you will decorate it beautifully for Christmas too. I haven't started Christmas decorating yet, and I must say, I am already feeling the stress! Good luck with your holiday decorating and enjoy this last month with your husband too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started either abut I am workin on it!Cant wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ever so much for sharing so we could all enjoy your beautiful rooms! I am so glad I found your special place here. I will follow on my way out so as I would love to visit again. I hope you will find the time to come visit my place and do the same. Best wishes for some happy holiday time. I look forward to engaging and supporting your blog in the New Year. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so nice! I love the bright colors, so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaimie, I have awarded you with the Liebster Blog Award. I am new to this, but my understanding is that you pick people/blogs that inspire you. So I have chosen you. I hope all is well with the new baby (that I assume you have had by now!)
    Sincerely, Shelli McCullough for Simply home and Her life

    http://www.maplebaymcculloughfamily.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really glad that I have found this post and I thank you for letting us know about this information….This is a big help for sure!!Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice living room. Neat, Clean, and refreshing to look. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...