Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dressed Up Mason Jar

Sometimes our cottage gets very cold and it seems that no matter how many layers I put on I'll be chilly. So the other day, with my multiple socks, sweaters and pants on, I waddled over to the stove to make some tea for myself to speed up the heating process. As I was taking the tea bag out of the mason jar in which it was stored, I thought the jar looked a bit plain and could use some dressing up. I had just the thing- a piece of vintage-looking lace I bought a year ago and loved, but never used up. I got out my regular old white glue and the mason jar and set to work. Here is what I did:


Here is the mason jar before and the piece of lace. The first thing I did was simply measure and cut a piece of lace long enough to wrap around the lid of the jar.


Second, I put a line of glue all the way around the top of the jar and pressed the top of the lace to the glue.

And just like that, my jar looked little more special. It is fitting that the jar look pretty as I am going to be taking tea out of it a lot this winter. Brrrr.


Here is the pretty tea jar on its shelf in the kitchen, along with a couple of other jars. The bigger mason jar got a quick treatment of some burlap tied around the lid. However, this was silly of me because I'll have to take it off every time I want my rooibus tea. Oh, well!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go add another layer to my outfit. Enjoy your Sunday! 

Have any of you added any special details around your house this week, perhaps in an attempt to make the winter months a little more enjoyable?

5 comments:

  1. So are you saying that when we come for Christmas, we should pack numerous layers - maybe long johns??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking out all your posts and pics and just loving what you have done. I just finished asking hubby where you lived?...I'm Canadian too...He says BC? he's originally from Abbotsford..nice to 'meet" another Canadian blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...