Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Beginning

This is the beginning of the 'At Home' blog! I've started this blog to begin my journey in the interior design world and to share my ideas for creating a home on a budget. I believe that it is so important to have a space that we can feel 'at home ' in and I would like to help people make that happen no matter their budget. There are so many options when it comes to creating a space and it is surprising how much you can do for such a low cost. I love perusing second hand stores and finding pieces with potential which can be realized with only a coat of paint and maybe some new fabric! I also enjoy making things myself whether it involves sewing, gluing, hammering or any other method of creating. This process adds a personal and homemade touch that can be hard to find in homes today.

This is a picture of my husband and myself on our wedding day. We were married 2 1/2 years ago and I couldn't have found anyone better to share my life with.


This is our cat, Tonks. She is a mischievous little thing!


And this is the little cottage that we rent.



Join me as I find ways to create home on a shoestring and feel free to share your DIY successes and ideas as well!

3 comments:

  1. Jaimie MacGibbon is a wonderful designer. She did my living area, my master bedroom and an amazing guest room for me. I just love the way they make me feel. Keep it up, Jaimie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool Jaimie! It is inspiring seeing people turn hobbies and skills into an interesting blog....and what looks like a career :) that husband looks like he must come from an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Beth! I've decided that I just need to go for it... and this is the start! Haha! That Husband DOES look like he comes from an awesome family. Hmmmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...